Accessing the -a and -d from dovecot-lda

Accessing the -a and -d from dovecot-lda

Dovecot mailing list

I've got exim set up to deliver like this:

command = /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/dovecot-lda -a $original_local_part@$original_domain -d $local_part@$domain  -f $sender_address

If an email to is [hidden email] then we should have "-a [hidden email] -d [hidden email]".

Now in dovecot, only [hidden email] is a real user but I want to be able to use both addresses in different places. For LDAP lookup I need to reference [hidden email]. But in sieve, I need to see the original address with plus notation.

However, dovecot appears to get the "-a" address into %u and the "-d" address can't be accessed.

    https://doc.dovecot.org/configuration_manual/config_file/config_variables/

Is what is the point of dovecot-lda having both -a and -d options? Can I get at both bits of data?

Thanks

Ari

Re: Accessing the -a and -d from dovecot-lda

Dovecot mailing list

On 26/11/2019 07:09, Aristedes Maniatis via dovecot wrote:

> I've got exim set up to deliver like this:
>

> command = /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/dovecot-lda -a $original_local_part@$original_domain -d $local_part@$domain  -f $sender_address
>

> If an email to is [hidden email] then we should have "-a
> [hidden email] -d [hidden email]".
>

> Now in dovecot, only [hidden email] is a real user but I want to be
> able to use both addresses in different places. For LDAP lookup I need
> to reference [hidden email]. But in sieve, I need to see the original
> address with plus notation.
>
> However, dovecot appears to get the "-a" address into %u and the "-d"
> address can't be accessed.
>
> https://doc.dovecot.org/configuration_manual/config_file/config_variables/
>

> Is what is the point of dovecot-lda having both -a and -d options? Can
> I get at both bits of data?

In Sieve, the "envelope" test always uses the original envelope TO
address (-a) for the "to" envelope part.

Regards,

Stephan.