Adding Size information to Maildir files

Adding Size information to Maildir files

Dovecot mailing list
I searched on this, but found information only for very very old dovecot versions, and those answers didn’t quite cover what I am asking.

All my current mail has the ",S=51489,W=52449:” style tag in the Maildir filename, but I have many messages in Archive mailboxes that have no size information.

Is it possible to automate adding the size info to the files without mucking up the mail in various ways?

(In my mail spool its about 10:1 with nearly 400,000 mails tagged with a size field and just over 40,000 not tagged, so it is definitely not something I want to do by hand).

--
You know, Rick, I have many a friend in Casablanca, but somehow, just
        because you despise me, you are the only one I trust.