Doveadm field for message body without attachments

Doveadm field for message body without attachments

Athanasios Viennas

Happy new year to all,

what is the message field in doveadm data model representing the body
without attachments? I need to dump the message body without the
attachments so as to avoid unnecessary size of the exported files and
while I am also not interested in this part of the message.

with kind regards
Athanasios

Re: Doveadm field for message body without attachments

Aki Tuomi-2

> On January 10, 2018 at 11:49 AM Athanasios Viennas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Happy new year to all,
>
> what is the message field in doveadm data model representing the body
> without attachments? I need to dump the message body without the
> attachments so as to avoid unnecessary size of the exported files and
> while I am also not interested in this part of the message.
>
> with kind regards
> Athanasios

You could try doveadm fetch -u victim body.0 (or body.1)

another alternative is to parse bodystructure to figure out which body part is the one you want and do doveadm fetch -u victim body.partno

sub-parts are numbered as body.part.subpart

Re: Doveadm field for message body without attachments

Athanasios Viennas

Thank you very much, Aki! One more question please, are there any
suggested sources of advanced examples? The man pages are not that
detailed as to the usage of some command parameters. Even a book
reference with examples (cookbook style of reference) would be most
suitable.

with kind regards
Athanasios

--