Dovecot 2.2.31 Incorrect Search

Siarhei Chystsiakou
Hi.
I have installed dovecot 2.2.31 and fts plugin with Apache Solr 6.6.1.
I have found that imap search is not correct in my dovecot. For example, I
want to find  email from user [hidden email]. I run IMAP command
"SEARCH FROM s.chi" and result is null. But if I run IMAP command "SEARCH
FROM s.chistiakov" I get list of emails from this user.  Why does this
happen and how to fix it?
Help me please )
Thanks.

Result of my actions in telnet: https://hastebin.com/fewanacafu.md
Dovecot config: https://hastebin.com/noqehimaxu.makefile

Re: Dovecot 2.2.31 Incorrect Search

Siarhei Chystsiakou
Hi.
I found that the problem emerges when the dovecot uses fts-solr plugin.
without it  this problem does not emerge.

No one has any ideas?

> Hi.
> I have installed dovecot 2.2.31 and fts plugin with Apache Solr 6.6.1.
> I have found that imap search is not correct in my dovecot. For example, I
> want to find  email from user [hidden email]. I run IMAP
> command  "SEARCH FROM s.chi" and result is null. But if I run IMAP command
> "SEARCH FROM s.chistiakov" I get list of emails from this user.  Why does
> this happen and how to fix it?
> Help me please )
> Thanks.
>
> Result of my actions in telnet: https://hastebin.com/fewanacafu.md
> Dovecot config: https://hastebin.com/noqehimaxu.makefile

Re: Dovecot 2.2.31 Incorrect Search

Tom Talpey-3
My understanding is that the only FTS search provider that supports
substrings is the legacy fts-squat. All the others perform only full
tokenized search.

I think it's possible to configure multiple fts providers, so they
can "cascade". But my installation is small enough that I only use
fts-squat. It isn't fast, but works well for my needs.