Dovecot 2.3 repo for CentOS 8.

Dovecot mailing list
Hello!

Are there any plans for an official Dovecot repo for CentOS 8?

Thanks,
Reio

Re: Dovecot 2.3 repo for CentOS 8.

Dovecot mailing list

> On 09/12/2019 17:20 Reio Remma via dovecot <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Hello!
>
> Are there any plans for an official Dovecot repo for CentOS 8?
>
> Thanks,
> Reio

Re: Dovecot 2.3 repo for CentOS 8.

> On 09/12/2019 17:20 Reio Remma via dovecot <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Hello!
>
> Are there any plans for an official Dovecot repo for CentOS 8?
>
> Thanks,
> Reio

(sorry for duplicate, user error in earlier one...)

Yes. There are plans for the repo, unfortunately there are still technical problems due to how CentOS8 repositories are organized. But soon.

Re: Dovecot 2.3 repo for CentOS 8.

Reio Remma
On 09/12/2019 17:25, Aki Tuomi via dovecot wrote:

>> On 09/12/2019 17:20 Reio Remma via dovecot <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> Hello!
>>
>> Are there any plans for an official Dovecot repo for CentOS 8?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Reio
> (sorry for duplicate, user error in earlier one...)
>
> Yes. There are plans for the repo, unfortunately there are still technical problems due to how CentOS8 repositories are organized. But soon.
>
> Aki

I tried rebuilding the RPM for CentOS 8 but I see it's missing some
notable required packages like tcp wrappers and quota-devel. Managed to
rebuild by switching these off in the spec file (--without-libwrap), but
that's probably not a good idea. :)

Reio

Re: Dovecot 2.3 repo for CentOS 8.

Filip Bartmann
Hello,
I have builded some dovecot packages for CentOS 8 in my personal
repository:
http://repo.joomhosting.eu/centos/8/x86_64/
and SRPMS are in
http://repo.joomhosting.eu/centos/8/SRPMS/

I you want you can try it.

With best regards,
Filip Bartmann

On 12/12/2019 13:01, [hidden email] wrote:
Hello,
I have builded some dovecot packages for CentOS 8 in my personal
repository:
http://repo.joomhosting.eu/centos/8/x86_64/
and SRPMS are in
http://repo.joomhosting.eu/centos/8/SRPMS/

I you want you can try it.

With best regards,
Filip Bartmann

Thanks! Will have a look. :)

Reio

--
Tervitades
Reio Remma

MR
        Stuudio 25 aastat

MR Stuudio OÜ
Tondi 17b, 11316, Tallinn
Tel +372 650 4808
Mob +372 56 22 00 33
[hidden email]
www.mrstuudio.ee

Re: Dovecot 2.3 repo for CentOS 8.

Alexander Dalloz
Am 12.12.2019 um 11:31 schrieb Reio Remma:
> On 09/12/2019 17:25, Aki Tuomi via dovecot wrote:
>>> On 09/12/2019 17:20 Reio Remma via dovecot <[hidden email]> wrote:

[ ... ]

> I tried rebuilding the RPM for CentOS 8 but I see it's missing some
> notable required packages like tcp wrappers and quota-devel. Managed to
> rebuild by switching these off in the spec file (--without-libwrap), but
> that's probably not a good idea. :)
>
> Reio

TCP wrappers got dropped for RHEL 8 by purpose, following that step of
fedora.

https://fedoraproject.org//wiki/Changes/Deprecate_TCP_wrappers

There is no real need nowadays and from my experience not many admins
make use of it.

Alexander

Re: Dovecot 2.3 repo for CentOS 8.

Remo Mattei