Dovecot XAPPLEPUSHSERVICE Apple

Volker Schwaberow
Hello list.

Anybody having experience with the Apple Extensions for Dovecot at http://www.opensource.apple.com/source/dovecot/dovecot-239.8/dovecot/src/imap/cmd-x-apple-push-service.c ?

Is it possible to patch the Dovecot source with them and get them to work on a Non-Apple System?

Cheers,
Volker

——
Volker Schwaberow
Email: [hidden email]

Re: Dovecot XAPPLEPUSHSERVICE Apple

Alessio Cecchi
Il 10/04/2014 12:38, Volker Schwaberow ha scritto:
> Hello list.
>
> Anybody having experience with the Apple Extensions for Dovecot at http://www.opensource.apple.com/source/dovecot/dovecot-239.8/dovecot/src/imap/cmd-x-apple-push-service.c ?
>
> Is it possible to patch the Dovecot source with them and get them to work on a Non-Apple System?
>
> Cheers,
> Volker

Hi,

you can read more about Apple Push Service here:

http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2012-August/067682.html

the only patch for dovecot is not sufficient for enable the service.

--
Alessio Cecchi is:
@ ILS -> http://www.linux.it/~alessice/
@ PLUG -> ex-Presidente, adesso senatore a vita, http://www.prato.linux.it
wid

Re: Dovecot XAPPLEPUSHSERVICE Apple

wid
Alessio Cecchi wrote
Il 10/04/2014 12:38, Volker Schwaberow ha scritto:
> Hello list.
>
> Anybody having experience with the Apple Extensions for Dovecot at http://www.opensource.apple.com/source/dovecot/dovecot-239.8/dovecot/src/imap/cmd-x-apple-push-service.c ?
>
> Is it possible to patch the Dovecot source with them and get them to work on a Non-Apple System?
>
> Cheers,
> Volker

Hi,

you can read more about Apple Push Service here:

http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2012-August/067682.html

the only patch for dovecot is not sufficient for enable the service.
Hi,

I don't think it is possible to do this on a Non-Apple-OS since there are also close source parts of the push service (apsd) that also includes challenge-response to apple servers.

There are libraries like Net::APNS or PyAPNS that use the same service (gateway.push.apple.com) but these are intended for this purpose.

I tried to use these libraries with certificates extracted from OS X Server without success.