Error: proxy: Remote returned invalid banner: 220

Error: proxy: Remote returned invalid banner: 220

Dovecot mailing list

I had a working proxy setup added sieve to it, and out of the blue I get
this

Error: proxy: Remote returned invalid banner: 220

No idea what to do, nothing even in the mail list archive

On 29/11/2019 19:01, Marc Roos via dovecot wrote:
> I had a working proxy setup added sieve to it, and out of the blue I get
> this
>
> Error: proxy: Remote returned invalid banner: 220
>
> No idea what to do, nothing even in the mail list archive

Looks a lot like you're mixing up protocols, but I need your
configuration to confirm (output from `dovecot -n`).

Regards,

Stephan.

RE: Error: proxy: Remote returned invalid banner: 220

Dovecot mailing list

I started over and ended up adding this
homeDirectory=userdb_home,uidNumber=userdb_uid,gidNumber=userdb_gid to
the pass_attrs ldap entry. Now the proxy seems to work.

pass_attrs =
uid=user,userPassword=password,host=host,homeDirectory=userdb_home,uidNu