Fast searching from android device with Dovecot/Maildir

Fast searching from android device with Dovecot/Maildir

Dovecot mailing list
Hello,

I am using dovecot as an imap server, mail is stored in mail directories.
Configuration is below.

One mail directory has about 14 Gb of mail in the inbox and .Sent
directories.

Searching from an Android phone with gmail is slow or doesn't work (it
times out).

Is there a configuration for Dovecot that can improve this? A better
e-mail client
for Android?

Thanks,

John

root@giraffe:~# dovecot --version
2.2.27 (c0f36b0)
root@giraffe:~# doveconf -an
# 2.2.27 (c0f36b0): /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# Pigeonhole version 0.4.16 (fed8554)
# OS: Linux 4.9.0-11-amd64 x86_64 Debian 9.11
mail_location = maildir:~/Maildir
namespace inbox {
   inbox = yes
   location =