How do I set all my mailboxes to "subscribed"

How do I set all my mailboxes to "subscribed"

Dovecot mailing list
Hi all,

I've had a great deal of trouble accessing my Dovecot IMAP from most
supposedly IMAP aware email clients, and have been advised that it
might be because some of my email folders are not subscribed. Is there
s way I can subscribe all my folders? I see no reason to have a folder
not subscribed.

Thanks,

SteveT

Steve Litt
December 2019 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21

Re: How do I set all my mailboxes to "subscribed"

Dovecot mailing list
doveadm mailbox subscribe can be used to subscribe folders.

Aki

On 4.12.2019 23.22, Steve Litt via dovecot wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've had a great deal of trouble accessing my Dovecot IMAP from most
> supposedly IMAP aware email clients, and have been advised that it
> might be because some of my email folders are not subscribed. Is there
> s way I can subscribe all my folders? I see no reason to have a folder
> not subscribed.
>
> Thanks,
>
> SteveT
>
> Steve Litt
> December 2019 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
> http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21

Re: How do I set all my mailboxes to "subscribed"

Dovecot mailing list
The command is

doveadm mailbox subscribe

as I said in my original mail.

Can you show what you tried to use and what happened?

Aki
On 06/12/2019 03:38 Steve Litt < [hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks Aki,

On my Dovecot 2.3.8 (9df20d2db), doveadm has no command called
"subscribe". I checked it in the man page, and then I checked by
running it, which failed and threw up a usage screen.

SteveT

---
Aki Tuomi

Re: How do I set all my mailboxes to "subscribed"

Dovecot mailing list
On Fri, 6 Dec 2019 09:35:57 +0200 (EET)
Aki Tuomi via dovecot <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The command is
>
> doveadm mailbox subscribe
>
> as I said in my original mail.
>
> Can you show what you tried to use and what happened?

I got it. The syntax was tricky. As root I had to do the following, to
subscribe .INBOX.hux

doveadm mailbox subscribe -u slitt INBOX.hux

Notice no dot before "INBOX". The -u slitt must appear after
"subscribe". Likewise, to unsubscribe it:

doveadm mailbox unsubscribe -u slitt INBOX.hux

To make a list of all the unsubscribed folders, I did the following as
user slitt, who owns all the mail in the Dovecot IMAP:

doveadm mailbox list -u slitt -s | sort > subscribed.sorted
doveadm mailbox list -u slitt    | sort > all.sorted
diff all.sorted subscribed.sorted > unsubscribed.sorted

I just turned unsubscribed.sorted into a shellscript that subscribed
them one by one.