How dovecot deal with the request to leave posts on the server?

How dovecot deal with the request to leave posts on the server?

Ilan Shalif
Me just request to direction to the documentation of the mechanism of dovecot.
Specificly about the mechanism dovecot deal with the request to leave posts on
the server, the duration, and the finishing of this mode.

(I know I can mark the approptiate places in the mail client (Thunderbird)
Ilan Shalif

Re: How dovecot deal with the request to leave posts on the server?

Ed Wildgoose-2
Ilan Shalif wrote:
> Me just request to direction to the documentation of the mechanism of
> dovecot.
> Specificly about the mechanism dovecot deal with the request to leave
> posts on the server, the duration, and the finishing of this mode.

I think you are talking about POP?

Basically POP just has commands to download an email and to delete an
email.  So if you tick this option in your email program basically it
just does the download commands and "forgets" to do the delete commands
at the end of the session.

Ed W