IMAP Cannot Delete (Mailbox Doesn't exist)

IMAP Cannot Delete (Mailbox Doesn't exist)

gw1500se
I am now at the next layer of the onion. I am able to retrieve mail but I cannot delete mail from my inbox. My reader says the server is responding with "mailbox does not exist." Any ideas? TIA.

Re: IMAP Cannot Delete (Mailbox Doesn't exist)

Daniel Parthey
Am 04.07.2013 22:55, schrieb gw1500se:
> I am able to retrieve mail but I cannot delete mail from my inbox.
> My reader says the server is respondingwith "mailbox does not exist."

Please follow the advice from http://www.dovecot.org/bugreport.html
and post at least the output of the following command:

doveconf -n

Regards
Daniel
--
Dipl.-Inf. Daniel Parthey
System Engineer

E-Mail: [hidden email]
Web:    http://www.metaways.de

Metaways Infosystems GmbH - Sitz: D-22967 Tremsbüttel
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Lübeck HRB 4508 AH
Geschäftsführung: Hermann Thaele, Lüder-H.Thaele

Re: IMAP Cannot Delete (Mailbox Doesn't exist)

gw1500se
Sorry, it was posted in a previous thread. I forgot I was starting a new one. Here it is again:

# OS: Linux 2.6.32-358.11.1.el6.x86_64 x86_64 CentOS release 6.4 (Final)
base_dir = /var/run/dovecot/
login_greeting = Dovecot on mydomain.com ready.
mail_location = mbox:~/Maildir:INBOX=/var/mail/%u
mbox_write_locks = fcntl
passdb {
  driver = pam
}
protocols = imap pop3
service auth {
    group = postfix
    mode = 0666
    user = postfix
ssl = required
ssl_cert = </etc/postfix/SSL/server.crt
ssl_key = </etc/postfix/SSL/server.key
userdb {
  driver = passwd
}
protocol pop3 {
  pop3_client_workarounds = outlook-no-nuls oe-ns-eoh
  pop3_uidl_format = %08Xu%08Xv

Re: IMAP Cannot Delete (Mailbox Doesn't exist)

Steffen Kaiser-9

Re: IMAP Cannot Delete (Mailbox Doesn't exist)

Steffen Kaiser-9

Re: IMAP Cannot Delete (Mailbox Doesn't exist)

gw1500se
Thanks for all the replies. I cannot explain it but after making some changes to postfix for authenticated relaying, it all started working. One of the parameters I set must have made some kind of difference.