IMAP4 extensions for Visual Voicemail (VVM)

IMAP4 extensions for Visual Voicemail (VVM)

Dovecot mailing list

Hi Team,

I need to develop Visual VoiceMail solution. In this solution I need a IMAP4 server, from which I can get a hit for each mail retrieval. Can anyone help me if dovecot can be used for this purpose.

BR,

Rajesh Bansal

Re: IMAP4 extensions for Visual Voicemail (VVM)

Dovecot mailing list
On Sun, Oct 20, 2019 at 10:43 AM Rajesh Bansal via dovecot
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Team,
>

> I need to develop Visual VoiceMail solution. In this solution I need a IMAP4 server, from which I can get a hit for each mail retrieval. Can anyone help me if dovecot can be used for this purpose.

      That is rather vague. Do you want to do something like ol' biff
or what we used to do with Asterix 10 years ago (get an email with the
voicemail as as attachment)?

I guess he is talking about that: https://www.gsma.com/newsroom/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/OMTP_VVM_Specification_1_3.pdf

Op 20-10-2019 om 22:33 schreef Jean-Daniel via dovecot:

>> Le 20 oct. 2019 à 22:24, Mauricio Tavares via dovecot
>> <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> a écrit :
>>
>> On Sun, Oct 20, 2019 at 10:43 AM Rajesh Bansal via dovecot
>>>
>>> Hi Team,
>>>

>>> I need to develop Visual VoiceMail solution. In this solution I need
>>> a IMAP4 server, from which I can get a hit for each mail retrieval.
>>> Can anyone help me if dovecot can be used for this purpose.
>>>
>>      That is rather vague. Do you want to do something like ol' biff
>> or what we used to do with Asterix 10 years ago (get an email with the
>> voicemail as as attachment)?
>
> I guess he is talking about that:
> https://www.gsma.com/newsroom/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/OMTP_VVM_Specification_1_3.pdf

I skimmed through this. It adds quite a few strange custom bits to the
IMAP protocol. Part of this are a few new commands and METADATA items,
which should be quite easy to implement. However, the amendments also
include various attachment-based QUOTA limits. Dovecot doesn't support
this and adding that is not trivial.

Also, this specification is quite old and outdated (it even mentions an
MD5 authentication mechanism). Is this even actively used anywhere?

Regards,

Stephan.

Re: IMAP4 extensions for Visual Voicemail (VVM)

Dovecot mailing list
If you use an Iphone (and your mobile proivder supports it) then you are
using it ;-)

just my 2 cents

--
ITronic

Harald Leithner
Wiedner Hauptstraße 120/5.1, 1050 Wien, Austria
Tel: +43-1-545 0 604
Mobil: +43-699-123 78 4 78
Mail: [hidden email] | itronic.at

Op 15-11-2019 om 16:15 schreef Harald Leithner via dovecot:
> If you use an Iphone (and your mobile proivder supports it) then you are
> using it ;-)
>
> just my 2 cents

https://source.android.com/devices/tech/config/voicemail

Android apparently supports it as well.