Locks directory change

Federico Bartolucci
Hello,

it's the first time for me writing to the list, I'm trying to change the
location into which the Dovecot's locks are done reserving a special
temporary directory on an other partition, then adding to the
dovecont.conf the line:

mail_location = maildir:~/Maildir:VOLATILEDIR=/tmp_lock/%2.256Nu/%u

so that through the VOLATILEDIR directive the locks should be written in
this path.
We observe though that the locks for many users are still done in the
real maildir (NFS mounted filesystem) as if in some situations this
instruction is not effective. Anybody knows if are there other things to
change or to do or what could be the reason? (for instance to login in a
specific way or doing a particular operation).

Regards,
Federico

Re: Locks directory change

Aki Tuomi-2

> On October 26, 2017 at 4:30 PM Federico Bartolucci <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Hello,
>
> it's the first time for me writing to the list, I'm trying to change the
> location into which the Dovecot's locks are done reserving a special
> temporary directory on an other partition, then adding to the
> dovecont.conf the line:
>
> mail_location = maildir:~/Maildir:VOLATILEDIR=/tmp_lock/%2.256Nu/%u
>
> so that through the VOLATILEDIR directive the locks should be written in
> this path.
> We observe though that the locks for many users are still done in the
> real maildir (NFS mounted filesystem) as if in some situations this
> instruction is not effective. Anybody knows if are there other things to
> change or to do or what could be the reason? (for instance to login in a
> specific way or doing a particular operation).
>
> Regards,
> Federico

Hi, VOLATILEDIR currently only affects vsize.lock and autoexpunge.lock.

Aki