Lucene index not updated when one saves a message from one folder to the other

Lucene index not updated when one saves a message from one folder to the other

Asheesh Laroia
I'm running 1.1 rc8, and I enabled the Lucene indexes.

I find that if a bunch of messages arrive in INBOX and I then move them to
archive, the next time I do an X-TEXT-FAST search, Dovecot has to re-index
the mails that I think it had indexed when they were in INBOX.

This seems silly, since Dovecot was the one copying them (and then
deleting, since that's what I mean by move).  Will this change?

-- Asheesh.

Elliptic paraboloids for sale.

Re: Lucene index not updated when one saves a message from one folder to the other

Timo Sirainen
On Mon, 2008-06-09 at 23:05 -0700, Asheesh Laroia wrote:
> I'm running 1.1 rc8, and I enabled the Lucene indexes.
>
> I find that if a bunch of messages arrive in INBOX and I then move them to
> archive, the next time I do an X-TEXT-FAST search, Dovecot has to re-index
> the mails that I think it had indexed when they were in INBOX.
>
> This seems silly, since Dovecot was the one copying them (and then
> deleting, since that's what I mean by move).  Will this change?

Lucene is pretty low priority for me currently. Sure it would be nice if
reindexing wasn't necessary, but I don't think it's all that easy to fix
it.