Mailbox from virtual mailbox in other namespace

Mailbox from virtual mailbox in other namespace

Jakob Schürz
Hi there!

I have more namespaces. One for subscription, another one "inbox", then
one for the archiv and a shared and a public namespace.
And than is there a namespace for virtual mailboxes.

In the namespace for virtual mailboxes is one mailbox wich gives me all
emails in the archiv namespace

#cat dovecot-virtual
Archiv/*
  all

The namespace is normally hidden, but for debugging i make it visible.

doveadm search -u jakob mailbox Real/Archiv all

lists all the emails.

So i want to integrate this virtual mailbox in another namespace.
The namespace is Archiv

namespace Archiv {
 mailbox Real/Archiv {
  auto = subscription

doveadm mailbox list -u jakob

gives
Archiv/Real/Archiv

But

doveadm search -u jakob mailbox Archiv/Real/Archiv all

gives no result.

What's wrong?

jakob

Re: Mailbox from virtual mailbox in other namespace

Aki Tuomi-2

On 14.01.2018 02:11, Jakob Schürz wrote:

> Hi there!
>
> I have more namespaces. One for subscription, another one "inbox", then
> one for the archiv and a shared and a public namespace.
> And than is there a namespace for virtual mailboxes.
>
> In the namespace for virtual mailboxes is one mailbox wich gives me all
> emails in the archiv namespace
>
> #cat dovecot-virtual
> Archiv/*
>   all
>
> The namespace is normally hidden, but for debugging i make it visible.
>
> doveadm search -u jakob mailbox Real/Archiv all
>
> lists all the emails.
>
> So i want to integrate this virtual mailbox in another namespace.
> The namespace is Archiv
>
> namespace Archiv {
>  mailbox Real/Archiv {
>   auto = subscription
>   }
> }
>
> doveadm mailbox list -u jakob
>
> gives
> Archiv/Real/Archiv
>
> But
>
> doveadm search -u jakob mailbox Archiv/Real/Archiv all
>
> gives no result.
>
> What's wrong?
>
> jakob

Do you have dovecot-virtual file for Archiv/Real/Archiv?

On 15.01.2018 10:31, Jakobus Schürz wrote:

> Am 15.01.2018 um 08:17 schrieb Aki Tuomi:
>>
>> On 14.01.2018 02:11, Jakob Schürz wrote:
>>> Hi there!
>>>
>>> I have more namespaces. One for subscription, another one "inbox", then
>>> one for the archiv and a shared and a public namespace.
>>> And than is there a namespace for virtual mailboxes.
>>>
>>> In the namespace for virtual mailboxes is one mailbox wich gives me all
>>> emails in the archiv namespace
>>>
>>> #cat dovecot-virtual
>>> Archiv/*
>>>    all
>>>
>>> The namespace is normally hidden, but for debugging i make it visible.
>>>
>>> doveadm search -u jakob mailbox Real/Archiv all
>>>
>>> lists all the emails.
>>>
>>> So i want to integrate this virtual mailbox in another namespace.
>>> The namespace is Archiv
>>>
>>> namespace Archiv {
>>>   mailbox Real/Archiv {
>>>    auto = subscription
>>>    }
>>> }
>>>
>>> doveadm mailbox list -u jakob
>>>
>>> gives
>>> Archiv/Real/Archiv
>>>
>>> But
>>>
>>> doveadm search -u jakob mailbox Archiv/Real/Archiv all
>>>
>>> gives no result.
>>>
>>> What's wrong?
>>>
>>> jakob
>> Do you have dovecot-virtual file for Archiv/Real/Archiv?
>>
>> Aki
>
> Hmmm... I see... no. I thought it is possible to integrate a specific
> mailbox from another namespace in a namespace giving the mailbox-name
> in mailbox-definition. So... it is not possible?
> Can I mix real and virtual mailboxes in one namespace?
>
> jakob

Not possible, sorry. The only way to do this is to have a
dovecot-virtual file which will operate on the real folder, such as

Real/Archiv
!Real/Archiv
all

jakob

Am 15.01.2018 um 09:35 schrieb Aki Tuomi:

> On 15.01.2018 10:31, Jakobus Schürz wrote:

>>> Do you have dovecot-virtual file for Archiv/Real/Archiv?
>>>
>>> Aki
>> Hmmm... I see... no. I thought it is possible to integrate a specific
>> mailbox from another namespace in a namespace giving the mailbox-name
>> in mailbox-definition. So... it is not possible?
>> Can I mix real and virtual mailboxes in one namespace?
>>
>> jakob
> Not possible, sorry. The only way to do this is to have a
> dovecot-virtual file which will operate on the real folder, such as
>
> Real/Archiv
> !Real/Archiv
> all
>
> Aki

Ok. My Idea, to have one Mailbox "Archiv", which contains:
Archiv
|`-2012
|`-2013
|`-2014
|`-2015
|`-2016
|`-2017
`--All (this is a virtual Folder with the whole content of the whole archiv)

is not possible. I need an extra namespace for the virtual
Archiv-All-Mailbox...

Jakob