Mark message as read when moved to Trash

Mark message as read when moved to Trash

Felix Rubio Dalmau-2
Hi all,

        When I send a message to trash, without previously reading it (just with the subject is enough to say I do not want to read it), it remains as "unread". Then, clients (I am using Kmail) report there are unread message, when all of them are in Trash. The question, then is: Is there any way to automatically mark a message as read, when that message is moved to Trash?

        Thank you!
        Felix

Re: Mark message as read when moved to Trash

Peter Chiochetti
Am 2017-11-25 um 10:12 schrieb Felix Rubio Dalmau:
> Hi all,
>
> When I send a message to trash, without previously reading it (just with the subject is enough to say I do not want to read it), it remains as "unread". Then, clients (I am using Kmail) report there are unread message, when all of them are in Trash. The question, then is: Is there any way to automatically mark a message as read, when that message is moved to Trash?
>
> Thank you!
> Felix

Hello Felix, the Kmail list might be a better fit for that question,
dont you think so?

peter

Re: Mark message as read when moved to Trash

Håkon Alstadheim

Maybe not. Look into imapsieve, it should have all the functionality you
need and more.

Re: Mark message as read when moved to Trash

> On November 25, 2017 at 11:12 AM Felix Rubio Dalmau <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Hi all,
>
> When I send a message to trash, without previously reading it (just with the subject is enough to say I do not want to read it), it remains as "unread". Then, clients (I am using Kmail) report there are unread message, when all of them are in Trash. The question, then is: Is there any way to automatically mark a message as read, when that message is moved to Trash?
>
> Thank you!
> Felix

You can try writing an imapsieve script for this:

# dovecot.conf

plugin {
  # From elsewhere to Trash folder
  imapsieve_mailbox1_name = Trash
  imapsieve_mailbox1_causes = COPY
  imapsieve_mailbox1_before = file:/usr/lib/dovecot/sieve/mark-seen.sieve
}

protocol imap {
  mail_plugins = $mail_plugins imap_sieve
}

# mark-seen.sieve
require ["imap4flags"];
setflag "\\seen";

Re: Mark message as read when moved to Trash

Felix Rubio Dalmau-2
Hi all,

        @Peter Chiochetti : I thought that also, but that would have forced me to have a solution for every client, implemented at the dovecot itself prevents that. Sorry for bothering!
        @Håkon Alstadheim and @Aki Tuomi:  THANK YOU VERY MUCH :-) Indeed, that was the way to go.

        Regards!
        Felix

On Saturday, 25 November 2017 12:50:41 CET Håkon Alstadheim wrote:

> Den 25. nov. 2017 11:36, skrev Peter Chiochetti:
> > Am 2017-11-25 um 10:12 schrieb Felix Rubio Dalmau:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >>     When I send a message to trash, without previously reading it
> >> (just with the subject is enough to say I do not want to read it), it
> >> remains as "unread". Then, clients (I am using Kmail) report there are
> >> unread message, when all of them are in Trash. The question, then is:
> >> Is there any way to automatically mark a message as read, when that
> >> message is moved to Trash?
> >>
> >>     Thank you!
> >>     Felix
> >>

> > Hello Felix, the Kmail list might be a better fit for that question,
> > dont you think so?
> >

> Maybe not. Look into imapsieve, it should have all the functionality you
> need and more.

Re: Mark message as read when moved to Trash

Mark Foley-2
See: https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=215&t=55940

--Mark