New ManageSieve releases: v0.10.2 for Dovecot 1.1.rc4 and v9.3 for Dovecot 1.0.13

New ManageSieve releases: v0.10.2 for Dovecot 1.1.rc4 and v9.3 for Dovecot 1.0.13

Stephan Bosch-2
Hello Dovecot users,

Recently, I was pointed towards a problem in the managesieve SASL
implementation. As it turns out there was a bug in handling mechanisms
that expect more than a single client response. That is why the PLAIN
mechanism works and the (obsolete) LOGIN mechanism fails (along with
probably many others). This problem was present in both v9.2 and v0.10.1
for Dovecot 1.0 and 1.1 respectively.

This issue is fixed in the new releases:

Change Log v9.3/v0.10.2
------------------------

  * Fixed bug that caused SASL mechanisms that require more than a
    single client response to fail. Reported by Steffen Kaiser and
    occured when he tried using the (obsolete) LOGIN mechanism.
  * Updated installation and configuration documentation to match the
    information provided in the wiki

Installation
------------

The full installation procedure and other relevant information regarding
ManageSieve is finally available on the Dovecot wiki at:

http://wiki.dovecot.org/ManageSieve

New releases:

1.0: (patch)

http://www.rename-it.nl/dovecot/1.0/dovecot-1.0.13-MANAGESIEVE-v9.3.diff.gz
http://www.rename-it.nl/dovecot/1.0/dovecot-1.0.13-MANAGESIEVE-v9.3.diff.gz.sig

1.1: (package + patch)

http://www.rename-it.nl/dovecot/1.1/dovecot-1.1-managesieve-0.10.2.tar.gz
http://www.rename-it.nl/dovecot/1.1/dovecot-1.1-managesieve-0.10.2.tar.gz.sig

http://www.rename-it.nl/dovecot/1.1/dovecot-1.1.rc4-managesieve-0.10.2.diff.gz
http://www.rename-it.nl/dovecot/1.1/dovecot-1.1.rc4-managesieve-0.10.2.diff.gz.sig

(my public key (id: 3DFBB4F4) can be found at wwwkeys.pgp.net)

Have fun testing the Dovecot ManageSieve service. Don't hesitate to
notify me when there are problems.

Stephan Bosch
[hidden email]
IRC: Freenode, #dovecot, S[r]us

Re: New ManageSieve releases: v0.10.2 for Dovecot 1.1.rc4 and v9.3 for Dovecot 1.0.13

Steffen Kaiser-3