Off-site cloud backup (eg Amazon S3, Wasabi)

Off-site cloud backup (eg Amazon S3, Wasabi)

Dovecot mailing list
I’d like to synchronise our mail store to an Amazon S3 bucket or similar, for protection from ransomware.

Server is running on macOS with maildir.

Should I use a Dovecot process, rsync, a Mac app like Arq or Jungle Disk, or something else?

Anyone have experience or opinions on this?

Thanks,

James.

smime.p7s (6K) Download Attachment

Re: Off-site cloud backup (eg Amazon S3, Wasabi)

Dovecot mailing list
On 9 Sep 2019, at 07:47, James Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Should I use a Dovecot process, rsync, a Mac app like Arq or Jungle Disk, or something else?

I do not have specific experience with using S3, but if rsync is possible that is always my first choice, though if you want to backup to prevent ransomware issues, I’d use rsnapshot since that will give you history.

If you are concerned about never ever losing a single email no matter what, then you need a replication server that supports versioning.

A cubicle is simply a cell without a door.

On 2019-09-09 15:47, James Brown via dovecot wrote:

> I’d like to synchronise our mail store to an Amazon S3 bucket or
> similar, for protection from ransomware.
>
> Server is running on macOS with maildir.
>
> Should I use a Dovecot process, rsync, a Mac app like Arq or Jungle
> Disk, or something else?
>
> Anyone have experience or opinions on this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> James.

check out rclone
https://rclone.org/s3/