POP3 lock

The Doctor, 3328-138 Ave Edmonton AB T5Y 1M4, 669-2000,
	473-4587
This might be trivial or not.

I have a customer access his e-mail via POP3 using multiple devs.

I recommend they switch to IMAP , however,

How can the POP3 locking be made into a non-issue?

https://www.empire.kred/ROOTNK?t=94a1f39b  Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism
Happy Christmas 2017 and Merry New Year 2018

Re: POP3 lock

Robert Schetterer-2
Am 19.12.2017 um 21:32 schrieb The Doctor:

> This might be trivial or not.
>
> I have a customer access his e-mail via POP3 using multiple devs.
>
> I recommend they switch to IMAP , however,
>
> How can the POP3 locking be made into a non-issue?
>
> --
> Member - Liberal International This is doctor@@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@@nl2k.ab.ca
> Yahweh, Queen & country!Never Satan President Republic!Beware AntiChrist rising!
> https://www.empire.kred/ROOTNK?t=94a1f39b  Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism
> Happy Christmas 2017 and Merry New Year 2018

once, i had a customer which did thousends of parallel pop3 downloads
you might need some tuning ( see wiki ) but dovecot on modern hardware
can easy handle it, pop3 feature "let mails stay on the server" is done
in/by the pop3 client , so you shouldnt run in major problems

Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer

--
[*] sys4 AG

http://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
Schleißheimer Straße 26/MG, 80333 München