Re: Master user and missing folders

Timo Sirainen
On Sat, 2008-04-26 at 13:36 +0200, Anders wrote:
> > It was actually auth_debug that I turned on, not mail_debug. Here is
> > the mail_debug log. It led me to suspect the acl plugin and, indeed,
> > if I turn that one off, I can list the folders even with a master
> > user login.
..
> do you have an idea about this problem? To summarize, I cannot list
> folders if using a master user login and the acl plugin. (my dovecot -n
> output was in the message before the one quoted above)

With master users ACL plugin uses the master user for ACL checks instead
of the mailbox owner. That also makes the default ACL be "deny" for
mailboxes.. I'm not sure if there's currently any other simple way to
avoid this than to disable ACL plugin for master users.

Re: Master user and missing folders

Anders-19
Timo Sirainen wrote:

> With master users ACL plugin uses the master user for ACL checks instead
> of the mailbox owner. That also makes the default ACL be "deny" for
> mailboxes.. I'm not sure if there's currently any other simple way to
> avoid this than to disable ACL plugin for master users.

Okay, I disabled the ACL plugin for master users by creating a global
.DEFAULT acl file:

====
user=master lrwstiekxa
owner lrwstiekxa
====

Was that how you meant?

Thanks,
Anders.

On Sun, 2008-04-27 at 21:09 +0200, Anders wrote:

> Timo Sirainen wrote:
>
> > With master users ACL plugin uses the master user for ACL checks instead
> > of the mailbox owner. That also makes the default ACL be "deny" for
> > mailboxes.. I'm not sure if there's currently any other simple way to
> > avoid this than to disable ACL plugin for master users.
>
> Okay, I disabled the ACL plugin for master users by creating a global
> .DEFAULT acl file:
>
> ====
> user=master lrwstiekxa
> owner lrwstiekxa
> ====
>
> Was that how you meant?
That probably works only for mailboxes at root level. Some day I should
look into how exactly the inheritance works. I thought there was no
inheritance, but someone said there was, so I'm not really sure how it
works. :)