Re: Where to find 1.1 RPM for CentOS 4?

Axel Thimm
Hi,

On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 10:01:30AM -0400, Charles Marcus wrote:
> On 4/25/2008 6:15 PM, Patrick wrote:
>> I'm trying to find an rpm for the 1.1 version, since it appears to work
>> better with NFS.  Does anyone have a link to the i386 version?
>
> atrpms.net has them, but the ones for Centos4 and below are supposedly more
> problematic than the newer ones...

There are no 1.1 rpms yet at ATrpms. If there is interest, we can put
some up, but I'd rather wait until Timo starts releasing betas instead
of using a CVS snapshot.

--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net

Re: Where to find 1.1 RPM for CentOS 4?

Charles Marcus
On 4/30/2008 4:23 AM, Axel Thimm wrote:
> There are no 1.1 rpms yet at ATrpms.

Oops, my bad...

> If there is interest, we can put some up, but I'd rather wait until
> Timo starts releasing betas instead of using a CVS snapshot.

Betas? The current one is rc4... well past beta...

--

Best regards,

Charles

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 06:30:22AM -0400, Charles Marcus wrote:
> On 4/30/2008 4:23 AM, Axel Thimm wrote:
>> There are no 1.1 rpms yet at ATrpms.
>
> Oops, my bad...
>
>> If there is interest, we can put some up, but I'd rather wait until
>> Timo starts releasing betas instead of using a CVS snapshot.
>
> Betas? The current one is rc4... well past beta...

Yes, sorry, I mixed up 2.x with 1.1, you're correct, nothing stops us
from offering 1.1rc rpms I guess. Anyone interested in helping with
the packaging please ping in PM or on atrpms-devel (latter is preferred).
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net

Re: Where to find 1.1 RPM for CentOS 4?

Angel Marin-2
Axel Thimm wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 06:30:22AM -0400, Charles Marcus wrote:
>> On 4/30/2008 4:23 AM, Axel Thimm wrote:
>>> There are no 1.1 rpms yet at ATrpms.
>> Oops, my bad...
>>
>>> If there is interest, we can put some up, but I'd rather wait until
>>> Timo starts releasing betas instead of using a CVS snapshot.
>> Betas? The current one is rc4... well past beta...
>
> Yes, sorry, I mixed up 2.x with 1.1, you're correct, nothing stops us
> from offering 1.1rc rpms I guess. Anyone interested in helping with
> the packaging please ping in PM or on atrpms-devel (latter is preferred).

http://dl.anmar.eu.org/tmp/dovecot-1.1.rc4-0_69.src.rpm
http://dl.anmar.eu.org/tmp/dovecot-sieve-1.1.4-7.src.rpm

They build on c4 i386 and c5 x86_64, but haven't tested any further.

--
Angel Marin
http://anmar.eu.org/

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 01:55:53PM +0200, Angel Marin wrote:

> Axel Thimm wrote:
>>> Oops, my bad...

>>> Betas? The current one is rc4... well past beta...
>>
>> Yes, sorry, I mixed up 2.x with 1.1, you're correct, nothing stops us
>> from offering 1.1rc rpms I guess. Anyone interested in helping with
>> the packaging please ping in PM or on atrpms-devel (latter is preferred).
>
> http://dl.anmar.eu.org/tmp/dovecot-1.1.rc4-0_69.src.rpm
> http://dl.anmar.eu.org/tmp/dovecot-sieve-1.1.4-7.src.rpm
>
> They build on c4 i386 and c5 x86_64, but haven't tested any further.
Thanks a lot, building them for all distros at ATrpms now. I found out
that RHEL3 will not build anymore, but there are probably not many
RHEL3 users of dovecot out there.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net