Re: icedove update

Asheesh Laroia
On Fri, 25 Apr 2008, Karl Schmidt wrote:

> Something came up that Confounded problems in my move from UW-imap to
> dovecot. I found a problem with the new icedove update in Debian lenny when
> moving from 1.5.0.13+1.5.0.14b.dfsg1-0etch1 to 2.0.0.9-3 that could look like
> a dovecot issue. Icedove runs for a while but eventually quits updating the
> displayed email, yet appears to be working and busy trying to get messages
> from the server. I think it is related to message filters, but not sure.
>
> The fix was to move .mozilla-thundrebird somewhere and restart icedove and
> create a new profile. There may be a more elegant fix.

I guess you should file a bug against Thunderbird or Icedove!  That seems
like it corrupted its state in a way that it surely should not have!

-- Asheesh.

Interchangeable parts won't.

Re: icedove update

Curtis Maloney
Asheesh Laroia wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Apr 2008, Karl Schmidt wrote:
>
>> Something came up that Confounded problems in my move from UW-imap to
>> dovecot. I found a problem with the new icedove update in Debian lenny
>> when moving from 1.5.0.13+1.5.0.14b.dfsg1-0etch1 to 2.0.0.9-3 that
>> could look like a dovecot issue. Icedove runs for a while but
>> eventually quits updating the displayed email, yet appears to be
>> working and busy trying to get messages from the server. I think it is
>> related to message filters, but not sure.
>>
>> The fix was to move .mozilla-thundrebird somewhere and restart icedove
>> and create a new profile. There may be a more elegant fix.
>
> I guess you should file a bug against Thunderbird or Icedove!  That
> seems like it corrupted its state in a way that it surely should not have!

Icedove has been working fine for me, though I may have still been using
Dovecot 0.99 when I was back on 2.0.0.9...

I'm running Dovecot 1.0.13 and Icedove 2.0.0.14 now with no issues.

--
Curtis Maloney
[hidden email]