Re: mail_chroot problems / dovecot 1.1rc4

Re: mail_chroot problems / dovecot 1.1rc4

Timo Sirainen
On Apr 4, 2008, at 4:02 PM, Michal Soltys wrote:

> Timo Sirainen wrote:
>> Right. If you use mail_chroot or chroot, the home directory points
>> under the chroot. I guess it might be also useful for it not to do
>> that, but I can't change that without breaking backwards
>> compatibility, and I'm not sure if it's worth it to add yet another
>> setting just for that.
>
> So in such case - is there any way to chroot mail processes for
> userdb that can't (or shouldn't) use /./ and can't modify HOME to
> fit mail_chroot setting ? Like system's passwd, or other where
> changing HOME would/could break other things ?
>
> I know what you mean by breaking backwards compatibility in this
> context, but in this way, mail_chroot is practically unusable
> besides custom-userdb + dovecot-only setups. And in this scenario -
> you can simply use /./ (point being, in a way - is there anyone
> actually using mail_chroot / chroot along with stripped HOME paths ?).
Could you try if this works: http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.1/rev/9edaf878bb96

PGP.sig (201 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: mail_chroot problems / dovecot 1.1rc4

Michal Soltys-2
Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Apr 4, 2008, at 4:02 PM, Michal Soltys wrote:
>

> Could you try if this works:
> http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.1/rev/9edaf878bb96

Both global and per-user chroot settings work fine with that patch.

Thanks !