Re: sieve doesn't sift yet

Timo Sirainen
On Sun, 2008-04-27 at 09:46 +0200, Colin Brace wrote:

> protocol lda {
>     mail_debug = yes

mail_debug inside protocol lda {} does actually nothing, but dovecot -n
showed you had it set outside as well. It should give enough useful
output to find out the problem.

>     info_log_path = /var/log/dovecot-deliver

> As I mentioned in my original post, I haven't seen anything written to
> /var/log/dovecot-deliver, hence I can't figure out whether sieve is working
> or not.

Nothing at all? It should always log something there. Make sure it has
write permissions (like temporarily chmod a+w).

Re: sieve doesn't sift yet

Colin Brace
Administrator

On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 21:02:53 +0300, Timo Sirainen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> mail_debug inside protocol lda {} does actually nothing, but dovecot -n
> showed you had it set outside as well.

Fixed.

> It should give enough useful output to find out the problem.

> Nothing at all? It should always log something there. Make sure it has
> write permissions (like temporarily chmod a+w).

OK, I relaxed the permissions. The file is still zero bytes:

-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  54158 Apr 27 20:37 /var/log/dovecot
-rw-rw-rw-  1 root  wheel      0 Apr 27 20:15 /var/log/dovecot-deliver

Logging to /var/log/dovecot works fine. Something is must still be missing
with deliver. But what?

--
  Colin Brace
  Amsterdam
  http://lim.nl

Re: sieve doesn't sift yet

Timo Sirainen
On Apr 27, 2008, at 9:40 PM, Colin Brace wrote:
> OK, I relaxed the permissions. The file is still zero bytes:
>
> -rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  54158 Apr 27 20:37 /var/log/dovecot
> -rw-rw-rw-  1 root  wheel      0 Apr 27 20:15 /var/log/dovecot-deliver
>
> Logging to /var/log/dovecot works fine. Something is must still be
> missing
> with deliver. But what?

Most likely deliver is never even run then.

PGP.sig (201 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: sieve doesn't sift yet

Colin Brace
Administrator
Timo Sirainen wrote
Most likely deliver is never even run then.
Any suggestions on how to determine what is going wrong here?

Thanks.

Re: sieve doesn't sift yet

Colin Brace
Administrator
Timo Sirainen wrote
Most likely deliver is never even run then.
Do I need to add an entry to Postfix's main.conf? Something like this?

dovecot unix - n n - - pipe flags=DRhu user=mail argv=/usr/lib/dovecot/mail/deliver -f ${sender} -d ${recipient}

Re: sieve doesn't sift yet

Colin Brace
Administrator
cbrace wrote
Do I need to add an entry to Postfix's main.conf?
Sorry, I meant master.conf.

Re: sieve doesn't sift yet

Pascal Volk-3
Am 27.04.2008 22:23 schrieb cbrace:

> cbrace wrote:
>> Do I need to add an entry to Postfix's main.conf?
>>
> Sorry, I meant master.conf.

Add the entry to Postfix's master.cf
In Postfix's main.cf set virtual_transport = dovecot:

Regards,
Pascal

Re: sieve doesn't sift yet

mouss-2
cbrace wrote:

> Timo Sirainen wrote:
>
>> Most likely deliver is never even run then.
>>

> Do I need to add an entry to Postfix's main.conf? Something like this?
>
> dovecot unix - n n - - pipe flags=DRhu user=mail
> argv=/usr/lib/dovecot/mail/deliver -f ${sender} -d ${recipient}

(I know you meant to master.cf).

if you enable extensions in postfix, you can replace -d ${recipient} with
    -d ${user}@${nexthop} -n -m ${extension}
with recent postfix, you can use ${domain} instead of ${nexthop}. see
pipe manpage.

now this only defines a dovecot transport. you still need to use it for
delivery. how to do this depends on domain classes (local or virtual).
for example, to use it for virtual delivery, just run
# postconf -e virtual_transport=dovecot

or you can manually edit main.cf but make sure to remove or comment out
a "duplicate" setting (last setting wins).