Removing IMAP ID command

Alex Hautequest
Hello all. Happy 2018!

How can I disable the dovecot IMAP ID command, or hide the product name, so

one does not eyeball what server software I am running (which happens to be

v2.2.33.2)? Please see below for an example:

* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE IDLE

AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN] Ready.

* CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE IDLE

AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN

A001 OK Pre-login capabilities listed, post-login capabilities have more.

* ID ("name" "Dovecot")

A002 OK ID completed.

A003 BAD Error in IMAP command received by server.

* BYE Logging out

A004 OK Logout completed.

It does not seems POP3 advertises itself:

+OK Ready.

+OK

CAPA

TOP

UIDL

RESP-CODES

PIPELINING

AUTH-RESP-CODE

STLS

SASL

.

Thanks and regards,

Alex.

Re: Removing IMAP ID command

Aki Tuomi-2

On 06.01.2018 07:07, Alex Hautequest wrote:

> Hello all. Happy 2018!
>

> How can I disable the dovecot IMAP ID command, or hide the product name, so
>
> one does not eyeball what server software I am running (which happens to be
>
> v2.2.33.2)? Please see below for an example:
>

> * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE IDLE
>
> AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN] Ready.
>
> * CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE IDLE
>
> AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN
>
> A001 OK Pre-login capabilities listed, post-login capabilities have more.
>
> * ID ("name" "Dovecot")
>
> A002 OK ID completed.

Try setting

imap_id_send =