Sieve can't move messages in a public namespace

Sieve can't move messages in a public namespace

Paolo
Hello,

my dovecot version is 2.1.17

I've configured some public namespaces (config attached). When a mail
arrives at a certain mail address, that mail is handled by dovecot lmtp
server and a sieve script is executed that shuold move the message in
one of the namespaces. This is the script:

require "fileinto";

if header :contains "From" "[hidden email]" {
        fileinto :create "Cond-UFF_FORNITORI/CONTABILITA/Inviata";
}
else {
         fileinto :create "Cond-UFF_FORNITORI/CONTABILITA/Ricevuta";
}

The problem is that the sieve script fails with the error:

    sieve: info: started log at Jun 27 12:42:28.
    error: msgid=<[hidden email]>: failed to store into mailbox 'Cond-UFF_FORNITORI/CONTABILITA/Ricevuta': Mailbox doesn't exist: Cond-UFF_FORNITORI/CONTABILITA/Ricevuta.

I double checked config, dovecot documentation, sieve documentation,
ACL, filesystem paths, filesystem permissions, etc. etc. I'm pretty sure
it's all right.
So why isn't sieve working?

Thanks if you bother to answer & Cheers

Paolo

dovecot-n.txt (3K) Download Attachment

Re: Sieve can't move messages in a public namespace

Alex JOST
Am 30.06.2017 um 10:46 schrieb Paolo:

> Hello,
>
> my dovecot version is 2.1.17
>
> I've configured some public namespaces (config attached). When a mail
> arrives at a certain mail address, that mail is handled by dovecot lmtp
> server and a sieve script is executed that shuold move the message in
> one of the namespaces. This is the script:
>
> require "fileinto";
>
> if header :contains "From" "[hidden email]" {
>         fileinto :create "Cond-UFF_FORNITORI/CONTABILITA/Inviata";
> }
> else {
>          fileinto :create "Cond-UFF_FORNITORI/CONTABILITA/Ricevuta";
> }
>
> The problem is that the sieve script fails with the error:
>
>     sieve: info: started log at Jun 27 12:42:28.
>     error: msgid=<[hidden email]>:
> failed to store into mailbox 'Cond-UFF_FORNITORI/CONTABILITA/Ricevuta':
> Mailbox doesn't exist: Cond-UFF_FORNITORI/CONTABILITA/Ricevuta.
>
> I double checked config, dovecot documentation, sieve documentation,
> ACL, filesystem paths, filesystem permissions, etc. etc. I'm pretty sure
> it's all right.
> So why isn't sieve working?

I think the :create command requires 'mailbox'.

     require ["fileinto","mailbox"];

Alex JOST

Il 30/06/2017 17:44, Alex JOST ha scritto:

> I think the :create command requires 'mailbox'.
>
>     require ["fileinto","mailbox"];

Ops! Sorry.

The :create clause was added after googling, but it didn't work.

The problem is the same without ":create". The two mailboxes "Ricevuta"
and "Inviata" does exist. I can see them and read mail in them from my
Thunderbird, but sieve does not view them.

Did someone face similar problem?

Thanks

Paolo

Il 30/06/2017 10:46, Paolo ha scritto:

> Hello,
>
> my dovecot version is 2.1.17
>
> I've configured some public namespaces (config attached). When a mail
> arrives at a certain mail address, that mail is handled by dovecot
> lmtp server and a sieve script is executed that shuold move the
> message in one of the namespaces. This is the script:
>
> require "fileinto";
>
> if header :contains "From" "[hidden email]" {
>        fileinto "Cond-UFF_FORNITORI/CONTABILITA/Inviata";
> }
> else {
>         fileinto "Cond-UFF_FORNITORI/CONTABILITA/Ricevuta";
> }
>
> The problem is that the sieve script fails with the error:
>
>    sieve: info: started log at Jun 27 12:42:28.
>    error: msgid=<[hidden email]>:
> failed to store into mailbox
> 'Cond-UFF_FORNITORI/CONTABILITA/Ricevuta': Mailbox doesn't exist:
> Cond-UFF_FORNITORI/CONTABILITA/Ricevuta.
>
> I double checked config, dovecot documentation, sieve documentation,
> ACL, filesystem paths, filesystem permissions, etc. etc. I'm pretty
> sure it's all right.
> So why isn't sieve working?
>
> Thanks if you bother to answer & Cheers
>
> Paolo

Nobody has clues?

Re: Sieve can't move messages in a public namespace

Stephan Bosch-2
Op 7/4/2017 om 8:44 AM schreef Paolo:

> Il 30/06/2017 10:46, Paolo ha scritto:
>> Hello,
>>
>> my dovecot version is 2.1.17
>>
>> I've configured some public namespaces (config attached). When a mail
>> arrives at a certain mail address, that mail is handled by dovecot
>> lmtp server and a sieve script is executed that shuold move the
>> message in one of the namespaces. This is the script:
>>
>> require "fileinto";
>>
>> if header :contains "From" "[hidden email]" {
>>        fileinto "Cond-UFF_FORNITORI/CONTABILITA/Inviata";
>> }
>> else {
>>         fileinto "Cond-UFF_FORNITORI/CONTABILITA/Ricevuta";
>> }
>>
>> The problem is that the sieve script fails with the error:
>>
>>    sieve: info: started log at Jun 27 12:42:28.
>>    error: msgid=<[hidden email]>:
>> failed to store into mailbox
>> 'Cond-UFF_FORNITORI/CONTABILITA/Ricevuta': Mailbox doesn't exist:
>> Cond-UFF_FORNITORI/CONTABILITA/Ricevuta.
>>
>> I double checked config, dovecot documentation, sieve documentation,
>> ACL, filesystem paths, filesystem permissions, etc. etc. I'm pretty
>> sure it's all right.
>> So why isn't sieve working?
>>
>> Thanks if you bother to answer & Cheers
>>
>> Paolo
>>
> Nobody has clues?

Your version is very old. Can you try upgrading first?

Regards,

Stephan.

Re: Sieve can't move messages in a public namespace

Paolo-2
Hello all,
finally I upgraded to dovecot 2.2.10 (that comes with CentOS 7.4).
But the problem is still there!

Why sieve can't move a message in a public namespace complaining about
"Mailbox does not exists"?
None of you ever try? Some of you have a working setup?

I attach "dovecot -n" output.

The sieve script is:

    require ["fileinto", "envelope", "mailbox"];

Il 04/07/2017 10:34, Stephan Bosch ha scritto:

> Op 7/4/2017 om 8:44 AM schreef Paolo:
>> Il 30/06/2017 10:46, Paolo ha scritto:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> my dovecot version is 2.1.17
>>>
>>> I've configured some public namespaces (config attached). When a mail
>>> arrives at a certain mail address, that mail is handled by dovecot
>>> lmtp server and a sieve script is executed that shuold move the
>>> message in one of the namespaces. This is the script:
>>>
>>> require "fileinto";
>>>
>>> if header :contains "From""[hidden email]"  {
>>>         fileinto "Cond-UFF_FORNITORI/CONTABILITA/Inviata";
>>> }
>>> else {
>>>          fileinto "Cond-UFF_FORNITORI/CONTABILITA/Ricevuta";
>>> }
>>>
>>> The problem is that the sieve script fails with the error:
>>>
>>>     sieve: info: started log at Jun 27 12:42:28.
>>>     error: msgid=<[hidden email]>:
>>> failed to store into mailbox
>>> 'Cond-UFF_FORNITORI/CONTABILITA/Ricevuta': Mailbox doesn't exist:
>>> Cond-UFF_FORNITORI/CONTABILITA/Ricevuta.
>>>
>>> I double checked config, dovecot documentation, sieve documentation,
>>> ACL, filesystem paths, filesystem permissions, etc. etc. I'm pretty
>>> sure it's all right.
>>> So why isn't sieve working?
>>>
>>> Thanks if you bother to answer & Cheers
>>>
>>> Paolo
>>>
>> Nobody has clues?
> Your version is very old. Can you try upgrading first?
>
> Regards,
>
> Stephan.

doveconf-n (3K) Download Attachment