XDOVECOT capability?

Hogne Vevle
Hi!

Here and there, I'm seeing mentions of a "XDOVECOT" capability - e.g. on https://documentation.open-xchange.com/7.8.2/middleware/components/search/crossfolder_fts_in_mail.html .

However, I can't seem to find any documentation on what this actually does.

We need to add this capability to our servers in order for certain functionality of Open Xchange App Suite to work properly (as seen in the link above), but we don't want to blindly update our entire Dovecot cluster just because their docs tell us to :)

Can someone, please, shed some light on what other effects we can expect to see after enabling this capability, if any? Or is it simply a way of telling clients that "Hey, I'm a Dovecot server" - nothing else?

Cheers,

- Hogne

Re: XDOVECOT capability?

Teemu Huovila

On 28.11.2017 20:04, Hogne Vevle wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Here and there, I'm seeing mentions of a "XDOVECOT" capability - e.g. on https://documentation.open-xchange.com/7.8.2/middleware/components/search/crossfolder_fts_in_mail.html .
>
> However, I can't seem to find any documentation on what this actually does.
>
> We need to add this capability to our servers in order for certain functionality of Open Xchange App Suite to work properly (as seen in the link above), but we don't want to blindly update our entire Dovecot cluster just because their docs tell us to :)
>
> Can someone, please, shed some light on what other effects we can expect to see after enabling this capability, if any? Or is it simply a way of telling clients that "Hey, I'm a Dovecot server" - nothing else?
This last statement is correct. It is only used to assure the client that the functionality is there. The various features are enabled by their respective settings.

br,
Teemu