deliver custom maildir creation

Steve Roemen-2
/ I'm testing a new setup of postfix using deliver to put the messages
into the user's maildir, and am curious if there is a way to make
deliver create custom maildirs when it delivers to a valid user without
a maildir?

Right now it only creates the inbox, I'd like it to create the .sent/
.Trash/ and .SPAM dirs.  Is this possible?

Thanks
--------------------------------------
/ /Steve Roemen//
/

Re: deliver custom maildir creation

Scott Silva
on 5-5-2008 8:01 AM Steve Roemen spake the following:

> / I'm testing a new setup of postfix using deliver to put the messages
> into the user's maildir, and am curious if there is a way to make
> deliver create custom maildirs when it delivers to a valid user without
> a maildir?
>
> Right now it only creates the inbox, I'd like it to create the .sent/
> .Trash/ and .SPAM dirs.  Is this possible?
>

> Thanks
> --------------------------------------
> / /Steve Roemen//
> /

You could create a login script that tests for and creates them if they don't
exist.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and

Re: deliver custom maildir creation

Asheesh Laroia
On Mon, 5 May 2008, Steve Roemen wrote:

> / I'm testing a new setup of postfix using deliver to put the messages
> into the user's maildir, and am curious if there is a way to make
> deliver create custom maildirs when it delivers to a valid user without
> a maildir?

I don't know as far as deliver, but what I do is put the mailboxes I want
to be sure exist in my /etc/skel.  That way, on user creation, the
directories are already there.

If others know more Dovecotty ways to handle this, please speak up!

-- Asheesh.

The church saves sinners, but science seeks to stop their manufacture.
  -- Elbert Hubbard

Re: deliver custom maildir creation

Charles Marcus
On 5/5/2008, Asheesh Laroia ([hidden email]) wrote:
> I don't know as far as deliver, but what I do is put the mailboxes I
> want to be sure exist in my /etc/skel.  That way, on user creation,
> the directories are already there.

That only works for system users, not for virtual users...

--

Best regards,

Charles

Re: deliver custom maildir creation

Juan Asensio Sánchez
Perhaps the autocreate plugin can do this.

On 5/5/2008, Juan Asensio Sánchez ([hidden email]) wrote:
> Perhaps the autocreate plugin can do this.

Well... sounds perfect, but where would I look for this?

Its not on the 'Plugins' page anywhere:

http://wiki.dovecot.org/Plugins

--

Best regards,

Charles

Re: deliver custom maildir creation

Juan Asensio Sánchez
Here: http://dovecot.org/patches/1.1/

How to compile (in spanish ;)):
http://wiki.nutum.es/linux/samba/samba_ldap_mds/compilacion_paquetes_dovecot

Regards

2008/5/5 Charles Marcus <[hidden email]>:

> On 5/5/2008, Juan Asensio Sánchez ([hidden email]) wrote:
>
> > Perhaps the autocreate plugin can do this.
> >

>  Well... sounds perfect, but where would I look for this?
>
>  Its not on the 'Plugins' page anywhere:
>
>  http://wiki.dovecot.org/Plugins
>
>  --
>
>  Best regards,
>
>  Charles

Re: deliver custom maildir creation

Steve Roemen-2
/ That worked great!

Is there a reason this isn't an "official" plugin?

Thanks
--------------------------------------
/ /Steve Roemen
/ //

> Here: http://dovecot.org/patches/1.1/
>
> How to compile (in spanish ;)):
> http://wiki.nutum.es/linux/samba/samba_ldap_mds/compilacion_paquetes_dovecot
>
> Regards
>
> 2008/5/5 Charles Marcus <[hidden email]>:
>
>> On 5/5/2008, Juan Asensio Sánchez ([hidden email]) wrote:
>>

>>> Perhaps the autocreate plugin can do this.
>>>

>>  Well... sounds perfect, but where would I look for this?
>>
>>  Its not on the 'Plugins' page anywhere:
>>
>>  http://wiki.dovecot.org/Plugins
>>
>>  --
>>
>>  Best regards,
>>
>>  Charles

Re: deliver custom maildir creation

Charles Marcus
On 5/5/2008, Juan Asensio Sánchez ([hidden email]) wrote:
> Here: http://dovecot.org/patches/1.1/
>
> How to compile (in spanish ;)):
> http://wiki.nutum.es/linux/samba/samba_ldap_mds/compilacion_paquetes_dovecot

Ok, I note that the date of the autocreate plugin (and two others) is
the 5th - the same day you posted this - so these are brand new??

Since IANAP, are they documented anywhere - in English?

One specific question (since IANAP and cannot deduce this from reading
the code)... does the autocreate plugin execute every time someone logs
in? Or does it somehow know to only run once (first time logging in)?

Imapalert looks interesting too...

Are these planned to be made 'offocial' plugins?

--

Best regards,

Charles