doveadm mailbox list

Dovecot mailing list
It's quite likely I'm doing it wrong, but...

Given a valid mailbox...

doveadm mailbox list -u <username> realmb
        returns "realmb"

doveadm mailbox list -u <username> real*
        returns "realmb"

Seems reasonable. Now, with a non-existent mailbox...
doveadm mailbox list -u <username> bogus
        returns "bogus"

doveadm mailbox list -u <username> bogus*
        returns ""

Is this a bug or correct behavior?

Daniel

Re: doveadm mailbox list

Dovecot mailing list
On 8 Sep 2019, at 12:11, Daniel Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Seems reasonable. Now, with a non-existent mailbox...
> doveadm mailbox list -u <username> bogus
> returns "bogus"
>
> doveadm mailbox list -u <username> bogus*
> returns ""
>
> Is this a bug or correct behavior?

Seems like a bug. If it is correct IO canโ€™t wait to hear the explanation, and I would suggest the man page needs updating.

๐Ÿ‘น root@mail # doveadm mailbox list -u [hidden email] "bogus"
bogus
๐Ÿ‘น root@mail # doveadm mailbox list -u [hidden email] "bogus*"
๐Ÿ‘น root@mail # doveadm mailbox list -u [hidden email] "dovecot"
dovecot
๐Ÿ‘น root@mail # doveadm mailbox list -u [hidden email] "dovecott*โ€
๐Ÿ‘น root@mail #

--
I believe you can joke about anything. -- George Carlin