dovecot + exim + verify recipient / reject bad recipient at SMTP time

dovecot + exim + verify recipient / reject bad recipient at SMTP time

Peter Hudec
hello,

I'm quite new to dovecot. My instalation is working good
Debian Etch
        - exim: 4.63-17
        - dovecot: 1.0.rc15

I'm using virtual user setup, with LDA delivery method. There is no database backend at this
time.

Is there any way to configure exim to reject non-existing user /asking dovecot lda/
at SMTP time. The standard exim configuration in ACL section do not work:
--- cut ---
   require message   = e-mail address is not valid ($local_part@$domain / $recipient_verify_failure)
     domains   =  +virtual_domains
     verify    = recipient
--- cut ---

Please, have any work working example ? This setup work good witch cyrus-imap and LMTP.

        best regards
                Peter Hudec

peter_hudec.vcf (282 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: dovecot + exim + verify recipient / reject bad recipient at SMTP time

Timo Sirainen
On Mon, 2008-05-05 at 09:27 +0200, Peter Hudec wrote:
> Is there any way to configure exim to reject non-existing user /asking dovecot lda/
> at SMTP time.

No, unless you make the SMTP session wait until mail is delivered. And I
don't know if that's possible.

There is some semi-standard protocol to ask if a user exists. Dovecot
should probably support it some day.