dovecot shows inbox of different user wher logged from the same host twice

dovecot shows inbox of different user wher logged from the same host twice

Anselmo Rosa herlen
I have squirrenmail 1.4.13 configured on FC8 with sendmail,procmail as
delivery agent, dovecot(imap) ,Using MAILDIR, enabled secure_login
plugin, and using password/shadow and system user .

     When I
login through squirrelmail every thing works fine . But when I login
again from the same host  as a different user  with new browser
session,  the  mailbox  of the new user  displays correctly  but  the
first user session  displays the inbox of the second user . ie  if I
have two https sessions from a single machine and login as two
different users the inbox of the later user is displayed in both the
sessions.

   I checked the logs of dovecot and the following is noticed

dovecot:
May 06 11:12:25 Info: imap-login: Login: user=<ath>,
method=PLAIN, rip=::ffff:127.0.0.1, lip=::ffff:127.0.0.1, secured
dovecot: May 06 11:12:25 Info: IMAP(ath): Disconnected: Logged out

there
are lots of messages for a single login . Also the  USER  shown above
is the user of the second session and is displayed when i try to access
the first htts session

dovecot -n  (reports the following)

# 1.0.5: /etc/dovecot.conf
log_path: /var/log/dovecot
protocols: imap imaps
ssl_disable: yes
login_dir: /var/run/dovecot/login
login_executable: /usr/libexec/dovecot/imap-login
mail_location: maildir:~/Maildir
auth default:
  passdb:
    driver: pam
  userdb:
    driver: passwd

   kindly help

      Best Jokes, Best Friends, Best Food and more. Go to http://in.promos.yahoo.com/groups/bestofyahoo/

Re: dovecot shows inbox of different user wher logged from the same host twice

mouss-2
Anselmo Rosa herlen wrote:

> I have squirrenmail 1.4.13 configured on FC8 with sendmail,procmail as
> delivery agent, dovecot(imap) ,Using MAILDIR, enabled secure_login
> plugin, and using password/shadow and system user .
>
>      When I
> login through squirrelmail every thing works fine . But when I login
> again from the same host  as a different user  with new browser
> session,  the  mailbox  of the new user  displays correctly  but  the
> first user session  displays the inbox of the second user . ie  if I
> have two https sessions from a single machine and login as two
> different users the inbox of the later user is displayed in both the
> sessions.
>
>    I checked the logs of dovecot and the following is noticed
>
> dovecot:
> May 06 11:12:25 Info: imap-login: Login: user=<ath>,
> method=PLAIN, rip=::ffff:127.0.0.1, lip=::ffff:127.0.0.1, secured
> dovecot: May 06 11:12:25 Info: IMAP(ath): Disconnected: Logged out
>
> there
> are lots of messages for a single login . Also the  USER  shown above
> is the user of the second session and is displayed when i try to access
> the first htts session

cookies...

Use different browsers (firefox, opera, ... etc) or multiple browser
instances.