fts-elastic plugin

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

fts-elastic plugin

Dovecot mailing list
Hi all,
I have recently worked on fts plugin for ElasticSearch.
It is forked from fts-elasticsearch as you can see in PR https://github.com/atkinsj/fts-elasticsearch/pull/21
with following changes (maybe some more)
  • no duplicate json keys in indexed documents, so compatible with ES 7.x
  • 1 elastic index for all users with routing by username
  • _id field similar to fts-solr (uid/box_guid/user)
  • better json response parsing
  • no need to use _source
  • added rawlog_dir to config and some more
  • renamed all elasticsearch to elastic for shorter names
  • fixed http_client leaks
  • fixed some compile warnings
I would appreciate if someone with better experience in c and dovecot code would review my code and suggest/push changes.

In my opinion fts-elastic is now functionally on level as currently recommended FTS plugin: fts-solr.
I would like to implement proper rescan inspired by fts-lucene so it would become the most complete fts plugin for dovecot.
--
Filip Hanes

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: fts-elastic plugin

Dovecot mailing list
On 2019-09-19 10:24, Filip Hanes via dovecot wrote:

> Hi all,
> I have recently worked on fts plugin for ElasticSearch.
> https://github.com/filiphanes/fts-elastic
> It is forked from fts-elasticsearch as you can see in PR
> https://github.com/atkinsj/fts-elasticsearch/pull/21

> In my opinion fts-elastic is now functionally on level as currently
> recommended FTS plugin: fts-solr.
> I would like to implement proper rescan inspired by fts-lucene so it
> would become the most complete fts plugin for dovecot. --

Awesome. Thank you for this.

---
Tom
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: fts-elastic plugin

Dovecot mailing list
In reply to this post by Dovecot mailing list

> On 19/09/2019 11:24 Filip Hanes via dovecot <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>
> Hi all,
> I have recently worked on fts plugin for ElasticSearch.
> https://github.com/filiphanes/fts-elastic
> It is forked from fts-elasticsearch as you can see in PR https://github.com/atkinsj/fts-elasticsearch/pull/21
> with following changes (maybe some more)
>
>   * no duplicate json keys in indexed documents, so compatible with ES 7.x
>    
>   * 1 elastic index for all users with routing by username
>    
>   * _id field similar to fts-solr (uid/box_guid/user)
>   * better json response parsing
>    
>   * no need to use _source
>   * added rawlog_dir to config and some more
>    
>   * renamed all elasticsearch to elastic for shorter names
>    
>   * fixed http_client leaks
>    
>   * fixed some compile warnings
> I would appreciate if someone with better experience in c and dovecot code would review my code and suggest/push changes.
>
> In my opinion fts-elastic is now functionally on level as currently recommended FTS plugin: fts-solr.
> I would like to implement proper rescan inspired by fts-lucene so it would become the most complete fts plugin for dovecot.
> --
> Filip Hanes
>

Added link to your repository to our FTS documentation. Thank you for your contribution!

Aki