home folder for virtual users with autoexpunge setting

home folder for virtual users with autoexpunge setting

Felix Rubio Dalmau-2
Hi all,

 I have enabled today the autoexpunge setting for Trash folders, and I am getting the following error when Dovecot starts:

 imap(<USER>): Error: autoexpunge: Couldn't create dovecot.autoexpunge.lock lock: User has no home directory

 I understand this is correct: as <USER> is a virtual user, it does not have home folder. Is there any way I can set the autoexpunge plugin to store the lock file in the virtual user email home folder?

 Thank you!
 Felix

Re: home folder for virtual users with autoexpunge setting

Aki Tuomi-2

On 19.11.2017 10:57, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>  I have enabled today the autoexpunge setting for Trash folders, and I am getting the following error when Dovecot starts:
>
>  imap(<USER>): Error: autoexpunge: Couldn't create dovecot.autoexpunge.lock lock: User has no home directory
>
>  I understand this is correct: as <USER> is a virtual user, it does not have home folder. Is there any way I can set the autoexpunge plugin to store the lock file in the virtual user email home folder?
>
>  Thank you!
>  Felix

You need to set mail_home to something, return userdb_home from passdb,
or home from userdb. Even for virtual users.

Re: home folder for virtual users with autoexpunge setting

Steffen Kaiser-9

Re: home folder for virtual users with autoexpunge setting

Felix Rubio Dalmau-2
Hi Steffen,

dovecot-acl-list
dovecot.list.index.log
dovecot.mailbox.log.2
dovecot.sieve.log
dovecot.svbin
dovecot-uidvalidity.51e5857f
sieve
storage
dovecot.list.index
dovecot.mailbox.log
dovecot.sieve
dovecot.sieve.log.0
dovecot-uidvalidity
mailboxes
spamassassin
subscriptions

Which ones should I move to <user home folder>/ ?

Thank you!
Felix

Re: home folder for virtual users with autoexpunge setting

Steffen Kaiser-2

On Tue, 21 Nov 2017, [hidden email] wrote:

> dovecot-acl-list
> dovecot.list.index.log
> dovecot.mailbox.log.2
> dovecot-uidvalidity.51e5857f
> storage
> dovecot.list.index
> dovecot-uidvalidity
> dovecot.mailbox.log
> mailboxes
> subscriptions
>
> Which ones should I move to <user home folder>/ ?

these:
> dovecot.sieve.log
> dovecot.svbin
> sieve
> dovecot.sieve
> dovecot.sieve.log.0

I'm not sure about this one:
> spamassassin

This is probably used by an plugin or something like that, so it should go
into home as well.

> Thank you!
> Felix
>
> November 21, 2017 9:08 AM, "Steffen Kaiser" <[hidden email]> wrote:

- --
Steffen Kaiser