http API for IMAP

12

Re: Perl was: JMAP: Re: http API for IMAP

Dovecot mailing list
* Thomas Güttler via dovecot:

> https://github.com/guettli/programming-guidelines#regex-are-great---but-its-like-eating-rubbish

Thanks for including the disclaimer "It's my personal opinion and
feeling. No facts, no single truth." in your 'guidelines' (many of which
I disagree with). I just wish you had included the same disclaimer in
what you wrote in this thread, instead of presenting your personal
opinions and beliefs as facts.

Also, this has drifted far away from being related to Dovecot in any
useful way.

-Ralph

Am 18.11.19 um 16:18 schrieb Ralph Seichter via dovecot:

> * Thomas Güttler via dovecot:
>
>> https://github.com/guettli/programming-guidelines#regex-are-great---but-its-like-eating-rubbish
>
> Thanks for including the disclaimer "It's my personal opinion and
> feeling. No facts, no single truth." in your 'guidelines' (many of which
> I disagree with). I just wish you had included the same disclaimer in
> what you wrote in this thread, instead of presenting your personal
> opinions and beliefs as facts.
>
> Also, this has drifted far away from being related to Dovecot in any
> useful way.

You disagree? Great! I am curious. What is wrong in my personal
guidelines?

Regards,
   Thomas Güttler

Thomas Guettler http://www.thomas-guettler.de/
I am looking for feedback: https://github.com/guettli/programming-guidelines

Re: Perl was: JMAP: Re: http API for IMAP

Dovecot mailing list

> Le 19 nov. 2019 à 09:14, Thomas Güttler via dovecot <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Am 18.11.19 um 16:18 schrieb Ralph Seichter via dovecot:
>> * Thomas Güttler via dovecot:
>>> https://github.com/guettli/programming-guidelines#regex-are-great---but-its-like-eating-rubbish
>> Thanks for including the disclaimer "It's my personal opinion and
>> feeling. No facts, no single truth." in your 'guidelines' (many of which
>> I disagree with). I just wish you had included the same disclaimer in
>> what you wrote in this thread, instead of presenting your personal
>> opinions and beliefs as facts.
>> Also, this has drifted far away from being related to Dovecot in any
>> useful way.
>

> You disagree? Great! I am curious. What is wrong in my personal
> guidelines?

Please, if you want to start a coding style flame war, do that in private.
I think we got enough mails from this this discussion that are completely off the dovecot list subject.

12