libsieve support

Mateusz Kijowski-3
Hi,

I was wondering - are there any plans on switching the sieve plug-in to use
libsieve (http://libsieve.sourceforge.net/)? The rationale of using this
library is simple - cmusieve codebase seems stagnant and libsieve promises to
implement some new sieve rfc drafts.

--
matik

Re: libsieve support

Stephan Bosch-2
Mateusz Kijowski schreef:
> Hi,
>

> I was wondering - are there any plans on switching the sieve plug-in to use
> libsieve (http://libsieve.sourceforge.net/)? The rationale of using this
> library is simple - cmusieve codebase seems stagnant and libsieve promises to
> implement some new sieve rfc drafts.

A significant disadvantage of this cmusieve derivative is that it does
not support saving a compiled binary to disk, meaning that the script
needs to be recompiled for every delivery.

Also, I am building a new Dovecot-specific Sieve implementation. It
currently supports all extensions provided by cmusieve except notify,
but additionally includes support for the variables extension. It still
needs quite a bit of work, but I should be able to release a first
version a few weeks after I have graduated on the 14th of May.

Regards,

Stephan.