lmtp proxy 'Invalid FROM: Missing domain'

lmtp proxy 'Invalid FROM: Missing domain'

Dovecot mailing list

Looks like I have a correct working proxy on pop3. On both backend
servers I can run

cat /tmp/test.msg | /usr/libexec/dovecot/lmtp

Giving
250 2.1.5 OK
354 OK
Info: Disconnect from local: Connection closed (in DATA)

However if I run the same command on the proxy, I am getting this error
'Invalid FROM: Missing domain'. How is this FROM even relevant if
message just needs to be delivered to RCPT TO.

RE: lmtp proxy 'Invalid FROM: Missing domain'

Dovecot mailing list

If I add a domain, error changes in:
connection.c: line 380 (connection_update_properties): assertion failed:
(conn->remote_port != 0)

On 24/11/2019 19:55, Marc Roos via dovecot wrote:

> If I add a domain, error changes in:
> connection.c: line 380 (connection_update_properties): assertion failed:
> (conn->remote_port != 0)

Both of these issues should be fixed for 2.3.9.

Regards,

Stephan.