mdbox + director + nfs

Matt Bryant-2
Anyone had any experience they can share using a director setup with NFS
and using the mdbox format instead of maildir. Is locking an issue on
index files ??

rgds

Matt

Re: mdbox + director + nfs

Aki Tuomi-2
NFS with mdbox should work just fine, locking should not be an issue,
but please read https://wiki.dovecot.org/NFS

Aki

On 17.10.2017 02:32, Matt Bryant wrote:
> Anyone had any experience they can share using a director setup with NFS
> and using the mdbox format instead of maildir. Is locking an issue on
> index files ??
>
> rgds
>
> Matt

Re: mdbox + director + nfs

Travis Dolan
I am currently in the process of setting up and testing a cluster of 2
Director proxy instances "directing" 143/110 to a cluster of 2 Dovecot
"backend" instances using EFS for their data storage.

Let me know if you want to chat more about this.

Cheers.

On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 8:32 PM Matt Bryant <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Anyone had any experience they can share using a director setup with NFS
> and using the mdbox format instead of maildir. Is locking an issue on
> index files ??
>
> rgds
>
> Matt
> --
>
> <
> https://www.postbox-inc.com/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=siglink&utm_campaign=reach

mdbox + director + nfs

Raymond Sellars
Hi Matt

We've been running this configuration for the past couple of years.  Not noticed any locking issues. As I understand it that's the objective of using Director.

As Aki notes make sure you have the appropriate NFS settings.

Other lessons we encountered.

Important to ensure NFS is NTP sync'd and aligned with your hosts, we hit some issues with file timestamps leading to problems.

Replication, e.g. for perhaps a backup or DR site. Seems to work but we've had the odd occasion of the indexes drifting. Never tracked the reason down and believe its unrelated to the NFS. Just something to monitor.

Regards
Raymond

Message: 5
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2017 08:50:18 +0300