openssl question

selcukyazar
Hi

we are using dovecot on secure port

when i try to command

openssl s_client -connect mail.mydomain:pop3s

it works perfect.

Inline image 1

Also   i check from

https://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-checker.html web page i can see all correct ceritificate paths

but i try to this command

openssl s_client -connect mail.mydomain:pop3s -starttls imap

it says CONNECTED and hang. second command is correct?

also my thunderbird client doesnt work with 143 port and STARTTLS. is this general issue or have we config error?

thanks in advance

Selçuk YAZAR

Re: openssl question

Aki Tuomi-2

> On January 8, 2018 at 10:19 PM Selcuk Yazar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Hi
>
> we are using dovecot on secure port
>
> when i try to command
>
> openssl s_client -connect mail.mydomain:pop3s
>

> it works perfect.
>
> [image: Inline image 1]
>

> Also   i check from
>
> https://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-checker.html web page i can see all correct
> ceritificate paths
>
> but i try to this command
>
> openssl s_client -connect mail.mydomain:pop3s -starttls imap

You are connecting to pop3 ssl port and attempt STARTTLS. Try

openssl s_client -connect mail.mydomain:imap -starttls imap

> it says CONNECTED and hang. second command is correct?
>
> also my thunderbird client doesnt work with 143 port and STARTTLS. is this
> general issue or have we config error?
>
> thanks in advance
>
> Selçuk YAZAR

Check logs for possible errors.