sieve cli

Dovecot mailing list
i am using dovecot-2.2.36-3.el7_7.1.x86_64 on centos 7

is it possible to activate / deactivate a sieve script for a mailbox
from the command line?

my mailboxes are currently stores in /../vmail/domain.tld/username

if i activate / deactivate a filter set using roundcube (webmail system)
then it creates or deletes a symbolic link
/../vmail/domain.tld/username/dovecot.sieve  which points to a file
/../vmail/domain.tld/username/sieve/managesieve.sieve.

if i create this symbolic link manually it doesn't seem to work

Re: sieve cli

Dovecot mailing list

> On 03/10/2019 19:40 Matthew Broadhead via dovecot <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> i am using dovecot-2.2.36-3.el7_7.1.x86_64 on centos 7
>
> is it possible to activate / deactivate a sieve script for a mailbox
> from the command line?
>
> my mailboxes are currently stores in /../vmail/domain.tld/username
>
> if i activate / deactivate a filter set using roundcube (webmail system)
> then it creates or deletes a symbolic link
> /../vmail/domain.tld/username/dovecot.sieve  which points to a file
> /../vmail/domain.tld/username/sieve/managesieve.sieve.
>
> if i create this symbolic link manually it doesn't seem to work

Hi!

You can use 'doveadm sieve' commands to manage scripts, e.g. 'doveadm sieve activate'.

Re: sieve cli

Le 03/10/2019 à 18:40, Matthew Broadhead via dovecot a écrit :

> i am using dovecot-2.2.36-3.el7_7.1.x86_64 on centos 7
>
> is it possible to activate / deactivate a sieve script for a mailbox
> from the command line?
>
> my mailboxes are currently stores in /../vmail/domain.tld/username
>
> if i activate / deactivate a filter set using roundcube (webmail
> system) then it creates or deletes a symbolic link
> /../vmail/domain.tld/username/dovecot.sieve  which points to a file
> /../vmail/domain.tld/username/sieve/managesieve.sieve.
>
> if i create this symbolic link manually it doesn't seem to work

You can use the sieve-connect command which uses the managesieve
protocol to speak to the server.

Re: sieve cli

On 03/10/2019 18:59, Aki Tuomi via dovecot wrote:

>> On 03/10/2019 19:40 Matthew Broadhead via dovecot <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> i am using dovecot-2.2.36-3.el7_7.1.x86_64 on centos 7
>>
>> is it possible to activate / deactivate a sieve script for a mailbox
>> from the command line?
>>
>> my mailboxes are currently stores in /../vmail/domain.tld/username
>>
>> if i activate / deactivate a filter set using roundcube (webmail system)
>> then it creates or deletes a symbolic link
>> /../vmail/domain.tld/username/dovecot.sieve  which points to a file
>> /../vmail/domain.tld/username/sieve/managesieve.sieve.
>>
>> if i create this symbolic link manually it doesn't seem to work
> Hi!
>
> You can use 'doveadm sieve' commands to manage scripts, e.g. 'doveadm sieve activate'.
>
> Aki
That is exactly what i was looking for.  thanks!

Re: sieve cli

On 03/10/2019 19:17, Erwan David via dovecot wrote:

> Le 03/10/2019 à 18:40, Matthew Broadhead via dovecot a écrit :
>> i am using dovecot-2.2.36-3.el7_7.1.x86_64 on centos 7
>>
>> is it possible to activate / deactivate a sieve script for a mailbox
>> from the command line?
>>
>> my mailboxes are currently stores in /../vmail/domain.tld/username
>>
>> if i activate / deactivate a filter set using roundcube (webmail
>> system) then it creates or deletes a symbolic link
>> /../vmail/domain.tld/username/dovecot.sieve  which points to a file
>> /../vmail/domain.tld/username/sieve/managesieve.sieve.
>>
>> if i create this symbolic link manually it doesn't seem to work
>>
> You can use the sieve-connect command which uses the managesieve
> protocol to speak to the server.

That command is not found on my server.  do i need to install an extra
package?