virtual mbox case sensitive?

Anil-11
This is on dovecot 1.1.rc4.

I have this mail_location:

mail_location = maildir:/apps/mail/%d/%n/Maildir

When I receve mail to a virtual mailbox, its putting it in different
Maildir's depending on what the sender used for the caseness of the
recipient's email address:

I have these Maildirs:

JasonK  JuliaM  info    jasonk  juliam

JasonK and jasonk should be the same maildir. So should JuliaM and juliam.

Now the 2nd question is, how do I "move" the mail from JasonK back to jasonk?

Thanks, this is very odd!

Re: virtual mbox case sensitive?

Benjamin R. Haskell-3
On Thu, 1 May 2008, Anil wrote:

> This is on dovecot 1.1.rc4.
>
> I have this mail_location:
>
> mail_location = maildir:/apps/mail/%d/%n/Maildir
>

> When I receve mail to a virtual mailbox, its putting it in different
> Maildir's depending on what the sender used for the caseness of the
> recipient's email address:
>
> I have these Maildirs:
>
> JasonK  JuliaM  info    jasonk  juliam
>
> JasonK and jasonk should be the same maildir. So should JuliaM and juliam.

See the "Modifiers" in the wiki page for Variables.

http://wiki.dovecot.org/Variables#line-41

Sounds like you want to change %n to %Ln. Some MTA's fold case, some
don't.

> Now the 2nd question is, how do I "move" the mail from JasonK back to jasonk?

I'd just 'mv' them:

cd /apps/mail/
for l in cur new tmp ; do
     mv domain/JasonK/$l/* domain/jasonk/$l/